Hi lovelies! It has been quite a long time since I’ve updated! I’ve been super busy with school, work and life but now that I’m able to calm down, I’m finally able to update some contents on the blog. It’s already May and spring weather is nearing our way in the Midwest and I’m super excited for it. The hardest part about living in the Midwest (fashion wise haha) would be the mystery of what the weather will be like in, seriously, 30 minutes. There are some days where it would it start the day with sun and warm weather in the high 60’s and then 30 minutes later, it is raining and chilly. It is really hard for me to figure out what to wear these days but I know that the secret for the transition from winter to spring is layering your clothes. That sounds crazy when I think about it but it is a smarter route to deal with this unpredictable weather. In today’s outfit, I am wearing a thin long lined denim jacket and I paired it with a blush colored strappy top with white denim jeans and nude platform heels. If it is warm, I can always take off my jacket and if it does get cold, I can always put it back on. The color palette for this outfit is super appropriate for the spring and the best thing about it is that it is thin and doesn’t feel heavy or slouchy. Hope you guys are able to figure out what to wear on this transition and share your outfit ideas as well! I would love to hear from you guys. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
Winter is such a tough season for outside activities in the Midwest. I’m a born California girl so whenever it gets cold, I like to curl up in bed and watch Netflix. However with the new year, I’ve made some plans and whether it’s raining or snowing, executing those plans must go on. I took out and old clutch that I had buried in my closet and paired it with my favorite top at the moment. The colors reminded me of Spring time and soon I felt motivated to stand in the cold and take these photos for the blog. Hope you guys like it.
Happy New Year! I’m definitely excited about the new year and is constantly planning for travel adventures, blogging and many opportunities. It’s kind of ironic that the new year starts in the depressing & cold winter. But nonetheless, the New Year brings inspiration and motivation for others so it’s a happy medium.
Anywho, despite the snow that we got in the Midwest, I was able to take some photos of my new favorite sunglasses that I bought from Sunglassspot.com. You get good quality for it being inexpensive. Hopefully you guys like it.
Thank you for reading and stay fabulous! ❤️
I took advantage of the beautiful weather this past weekend to take some pictures of my outfit. This dress is on so many levels of comfort. I love these shift dresses because you can style it in so many ways. I wore a black blazer over this and added a pair of hot heels for this look. The dress is super comfortable and plain so I wanted to pair with heels that is a little bit out of the ordinary and i believe I achieved it. What do you think?
I’m literally freaking out about two things. One: it is already November which means, that the holidays are coming up soon and I haven’t even made any plans yet! Two: the weather has been nothing but good this fall and it doesn’t even feel like winter is coming yet. The Midwest should already be expecting snow around this time but I guess we will be having a late winter again. However, I am not complaining!
I actually did some shopping over the weekend and wanted to take some pictures since the weather was super nice out. My main purpose for shopping was to buy pieces that I can incorporate into my work office style outfits and every day casual wear. It can be challenging when what you can only wear to work are blazers, button down shirts, and slacks but sometimes it can dress up a casual outfit. I was looking for pieces that were versatile and yet appropriate for work.
In this picture, I am wearing a long sleeve, chiffon, and blush colored blouse with black bird outline patterns on it. The pattern is super adorable and it definitely plays up the blouse, which I absolutely love. I paired it with some black skinny jeans and a caramel colored pair of boots. I actually bought these boots two years ago on justfab.com and I still get compliments about them. I guess some pieces are classic since fashion is always changing. And then of course, I am carrying the Michael Kors hand bag that I got a couple months ago.
Another thing that I am trying to get back into is accessorizing! I forget how easy it is to play up an outfit with the right accessories and I need to challenge my creativeness with these beautiful pieces. I have on a pearl necklace that my boyfriend got for me from the Philippines. I felt it would work with this outfit and pop against the black and blush colored theme. I also have on the blush and sparkly watch that I got years ago as well.
Well, after this post, I am going to start planning for the holidays. I can’t believe Thanksgiving Day is just 15 days away! Our family always have our traditional dinner and then we would play games but it’s been like that for the last couple of years and I want brainstorm ideas on changing it up. What are some ideas to make this holiday a little bit different this year? Share your comments below. I would love to hear some feedback Thank you!
It’s the middle of October and that means winter is right around the corner. The fall season is a short one but I am definitely making the most of it, fashion wise. I love the burgundy color and always find myself picking up a few things in that color. This past weekend, I took out my favorite burgundy cardigan and took some pictures. What is your favorite fall piece?
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
- List the rules and display the award
- Add 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers
I was nominated in the Blog Awards by southindianmakeupand is extremely honored. I believe in helping others achieve what they are passionate about and by nominating others in this award shows how supportive other bloggers are in this community. Thank you again for the nominations. As instructed from this rules of this blog award, I must share 7 random facts about myself and here they are.
- I am a hair twirler. Whether I’m driving, working, standing in line, in a normal conversation, or whatever the circumstances are, if my hair is out, it’s most likely going to be twirled by my little fingers. I tried to figure out what caused this habit of mine and I can only remember starting it when I first attended kindergarten. Other kids would kick and scream about not wanting to be in this new environment without their parents, others are excited but I remember being extremely nervous but I didn’t show my feelings. I turned to what amuses me and that was my hair.
- I’m an introvert secretly wanting to be an extrovert. Does that make sense? I love getting to know new faces, go out dancing, be the center of attention but at the end of the day I just want to crawl into bed with a good book and relax. I get extremely exhausted after being in a crowd for a quite some time and I can get a little anxious being in a new environment. However, it takes a while for me to open up and once again, I become the outgoing person that everyone knows me as.
- I love The Walking Dead. I am such a nerd when it comes to this show. I know all the characters, cast, and show details by heart. If I wasn’t blogging, I would probably start my own podcast discussing the show. I have yet to attend a Walker Stalker Con and hopefully will get to see my favorite character, Glenn aka Steven Yuen.
- I collect postcards. As weird as that sounds, its been a hobby of mine. My dad travels a lot for work and when I was younger, he would always come home with a pile of postcards. My siblings and I would go through it and pick out the ones we want and keep it our rooms. However, that was something that I picked up and it since then, whenever my friends would go out of town or on vacation, I would always remind them to send me a postcard.
- My favorite movie is Armageddon. Bruce Willis is one of my favorite actors growing up and I loved his character in this movie. He was such a good father and heroic. Such a dreamy man. Of course, not only was he great in this movie, but the plot line was amazing. I always love watching ‘end of the world’ movies or shows because it reminds me of how important family and time is. These two are things that we usually take advantage of and it reminds me to put my phone or electronic device down and take time to listen to my younger sisters’ day, help my mom with cooking, or ask my dad about his favorite childhood memory. It’s times like these that we should cherish and remember that time doesn’t last forever. Ok, going off topic….
- I have a secret obsession with Hello Kitty. Yes, it’s true. The obsession sort of happened 2-3 years ago. I have no idea how it happened. They are just super cute and and it brings out the little girl in me.
- Working my way to living out in California. Yes, I was born in California and planning on going back. Why? It’s California and palm trees. =)
Not as exciting but hopefully you will find some of my insights interesting. Or if you have some commonalities, I would like to know also! Thanks again for reading and have a wonderful week.
baublestobubbles courtneysmakeupcorner daintyattraction darlydarly emeryandmommy foreveranguyen forevermaddyb makeupmarie makeupbykimm sistasfromcali
Hello everyone! I don’t know what I love more; statement jewelry, handbags or shoes that makes you look fabulous. Can I love all three the same? I finally did some shopping in the last few days and was able to buy a couple items to add to my wardrobe this season. I’ve been buried in work, school and netflixing that I’ve been getting comfortable in jeans, sweats and tees. I needed an outfit that was girly yet comfortable and found this plain and casual dress but yet it was still flirty and fun because of the skater styled bottom. I love this dress because you can style it in so many ways.
Since the dress was super plain, I decided to add some color and elegance with a statement necklace that matches well with navy blue. As always nothing can go wrong with a black MK handbag and simple black heels to complete his outfit. This outfit was super comfortable and it is a great transition from being Miss Sweatpants to Miss I Have a Purpose Now dress. I need to buy more dresses like this. Where do you buy your dresses? I would love to read the comments below. Thanks for reading!